Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Father I Desire


Jesus prayed before He was crucified to His Father in John 17, “Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with me where I am…” I love this part of the prayer because it has been so powerful to me in my life. In our culture people throw words around so much so that they have almost lost their meaning. A lot of times I catch myself saying, ‘I will believe it when I see it.’ Meaning a person’s actions ether validate or discredit what they confess with their mouths.  Jesus says “Father I desire.” What is the power of that prayer, how much can Jesus, the uncreated God, desire something? The answer to this question is what happened less than 24 hours later.  Jesus allowed Himself to be beaten and hung on a cross, all for His desire for us. Look at Him hanging on the cross and encounter the Lord in that place grasp the reality of how much He desires you.

No comments:

Post a Comment